Friday, September 17, 2010

Skunky Kittens

You know how sometimes when you are talking to your toddler you find yourself having a ridiculous conversation? Yesterday I had an equally absurd one with my husband. It was late at night and I was sitting in our basement doing a jigsaw puzzle when a cat walked by outside, looked in the window and meowed at me and then kept walking along the perimeter of our house. I called to Rob to come see. It looked like a kitten. Rob came running down and I said, "There was a cat outside!" and went to open the door.
"ALYSSA! DON'T open the DOOR" I was scolded, "How do you KNOW it was a cat? Was it ORANGE?"
I responded that it wasn't orange; it was grey with cute little whiskers.
Rob then proceeded to ask how I knew for SURE that it was a cat and not a SKUNK. I wasn't sure how to answer that- -because it was a cat. Yes, but was I SURE it wasn't a skunk? Finally, after MUCH convincing, I was allowed to open the door but obviously the cute little kitten was gone. So I never DID manage to convince him that I know the difference between a skunk and a cat and he went back to work muttering to himself, "I bet it was a skunk".

No comments:

Post a Comment