Wednesday, September 8, 2010

...And then there are things I CAN'T figure out...

Toddlers make a lot of random statements. Toby is constantly surprising me by expressions or phrases he has obviously overheard and integrated into his ever expanding vocabulary. Sometimes they are phrases I hope to hear a lot of, other times they are things I never would have intentionally taught him. MOST of the time I know exactly who or where he has picked them up, but yesterday I was stumped.

He was sitting at the counter bouncing in his chair eating big messy spoonfuls of cereal while I was emptying the dishwasher when he cocked his head to the side and endearingly asked, “Mommy…Am I your bugaboo?”

“Yes, Toby” I answered just as lovingly (Bugaboo is, for whatever reason, one of my pet names for him.)

Still smiling lovingly (and obviously on a roll) he then asked sweetly,

“Mommy…am I your sister Rosie?”

No comments:

Post a Comment