Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Favourite Socks

Yesterday I carried with me a secret that kept me smug and smiling all day long....

My socks matched my sweater.

I don’t know what weird combination of nature and nurture left me with this odd necessity to match my socks and my outfit, but it’s like a little triumph every time I pull it off.

I got these socks - -my FAVOURITE socks – for Christmas this year. They are brown and they have little diamonds in baby blue and brown on them with dark brown lines going through them.   I love them.  When I find them clean in my drawer I get excited.

These socks were particularly special to me yesterday because I had a near death experience with one of them over the weekend.  Rob had done a MILLION loads of laundry because it was a beautiful weekend – and the way I feel about having matching socks with my outfit is only a small glimpse into the joy Rob feels about being able to put clothes on the clothes line to dry– we’re an odd pair.  This may not bode well for Toby…

So as I folded up the crispy-clothes-line-dried-clothes I found ONE of my favourite socks….and by the end of the MILLIONTH load I realized that the OTHER one was missing.

I searched FRANTICALLY for it while Rob sat in the background rolling his eyes. 

I searched through all the freshly folded clothes.  No sock.  Then I searched the washing machine.  And THEN the DREADED though occurred to me that MAYBE it had….BLOWN AWAY.

Rob, meanwhile, continued to roll his eyes.

I went outside in my bare feet and searched the ground and would you believe it?  I FOUND my brown sock CAMOFLAUGED in the dirt.  It ALMOST didn’t get found.

So yesterday, after cleaning my sock for the SECOND time and hanging it INSIDE to dry this time, I put my socks on with pride and even wore with it my baby blue sweater with brown diamonds and dark brown ribbing on it.  Sound familiar?  That’s right- - it was a PERFECT match and I felt good about it ALL DAY.

1 comment:

  1. why dont you check out www.MyFavouriteSocks.com.
    They do great socks that could be of interest to you.

    ReplyDelete