Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Environmental Complications

Tonight, as we entered the bathroom to wash our hands after supper, Toby threw open the bathroom door and proudly announced that he had left the lights on (from the before supper handwashing session) so we didn’t have to bother turning them on again!

“Isn’t that a good idea?” he asked, his little chest swelling with pride at his ingenious foresight.

Hmm…did I get into the pros and cons of electrical preservation with my 3 year old? I decided to give it a go,

“Well…” I said slowly, “Leaving lights on all of the time uses up electricity which is bad for the environment.”

Deflated, Toby stared at me for a second, blinked twice and then, with a shrug of his shoulder and a loud sigh concluded,


“Huh. Well…I don’t know that yet.”

And then he happily set about washing his hands.

I can see his point; sometimes a little extra knowledge just complicates things.

No comments:

Post a Comment