Monday, February 23, 2009

My Tough Kid


Toby dressed up as Mickey Rourke from the Wrestler last night for the Oscars.  He did this by giving himself a black eye just before bedtime.  He got so excited that I'd turned the bath on that he decided to SPRINT through the bathroom to the toilet, fall, and smash his face into the open drawer that was in his way.  Its a good thing we adults have grown out of our instinctual reactions to the excitement of bath time.


The GREAT thing is that he didnt need stitches.  Rob and I both went back into "sick kids mode".  One of us grabbed an ice pack while the other one grabbed "The Bear Book" and started reading.  We managed to keep some ice on his face for 10 minutes, gave him some advil, and had him in the bath and in bed on time.  We're a good team.


This morning, I was greeted by my beautiful boy with a jubilant smile and his multicoloured eye.


He's a tough kid.  In his first 11 months of life he's already gone through morphine withdrawl and gotten a shiner.  When anyone asks about this one all I'm going to say is -- "Oh, yeah? You should see the other kid..."

No comments:

Post a Comment