Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!


We don't usually celebrate Valentines Day, but are feeling way to thankful for our little guy to let this day go without some sort of acknowledgement....So we dressed him up in his "I love my family" shirt and decided to take a photo to send to his grandparents.  Easier said than done.  Little did I know, our fancy high tech camera has the greatest toy-appeal in the house right now and I engaged in cruel torture play by not letting him get his hands on it. I would pose him and then try to snap a photo quickly before he LUNGED at the camera.  It took about an hour and we finally managed to get one "angelic" photo of him.  Now when I look at it it appears as if he's just sitting there patiently, thinking adoringly of how much he loves his family.  The reality is, he's catching his breath before making another ATTACK on the camera.  But we won't tell the grandparents that.


We don't have big plans today -- we were supposed to go out with friends but have ended up just spending time with Toby and after he goes to  bed we're going to have a nice quiet dinner at home.  A few months ago that may have sounded boring and ordinary but right now it's absolute perfection...

This morning we awoke bright and early to the sounds of "bap bap bap" (his favourite new "saying") as he happily played with his crib toys and moments later I had Rob and Toby bouncing into bed with me.  It was just after 7am and I was being smothered with kisses and baby drool.  It was the best valentine's day present ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment