Friday, September 20, 2013

Daily Competitions in the Henry Household...


Mia always likes to one-up Toby.  It’s not an easy task with Toby not only being 3 years older than her but also being athletic AND a fierce competitor.  Whether it’s getting to the bathroom first to brush their teeth or racing around the driveway the fastest on their plasma cars, Mia doesn’t let Toby’s edge ever dissuade her from a good race.

The other night we were at the dinner table discussing Toby’s newest favourite thing about school: French class.  He told me that his teacher had taught him a new song called “Bonjour mes amis” and then proceeded to sing it to me.  I clapped loudly and enthusiastically, encouraging his linguistic aptitude before having my hands YANKED away from me by a very competitive Mia.  She took me face in her hands and turned it towards her so she could be sure to have my 100% undivided attention so she could tell me that SHE, TOO had been taught a new song at school.

“Oh, yes, Mia” I said having no choice BUT to turn my attention to her, “What song did YOU learn today?”

 Whatever bit of my attention she hadn't captured by holding my face in her hands she sure got with her answer, 

“Venga los Amigos!” she stated triumphantly in a perfect Spanish accent.

I don’t know WHERE Mia is being taught songs in SPANISH but she sure knows how to one-up her brother! 

No comments:

Post a Comment