Monday, April 18, 2011

Struction Workers

After dinner tonight we went downstairs to find Toby in head to toe construction worker gear – goggles, tool belt, helmet, and orange vest to boot.

“Wow!” said Rob, “Are you a construction worker?”

“Yes!” Replied Toby, “I’m a STRUCTION worker!”

“Awesome!” Encouraged Rob, “What are you going to fix?”

“I’m going to fix GIRLS!” replied Toby

We looked at each other skeptically before Rob questioned this statement and suggested perhaps that he could fix things like cars and buildings.

“No,” Toby had obviously made up his mind, “I’m going to fix girls.”

“So….does that mean you’re a DOCTOR?”

“NO!” Toby started to get angry “I’m a STRUCTION worker and I’m going to fix BROOKLYN”

I’ll spare you the details of the rest of this (ridiculous) conversation. Suffice it to say that there is a little girl in Toby’s daycare (named Brooklyn) who happens to be sick at home right now who APPARENTLY requires full construction worker gear to fix her ailment. So maybe I haven’t done such a great job at explaining what I do for work to the kid. Looking on the bright side, I’m sure construction school is MUCH cheaper than med school and you DEFINITELY get to wear cooler outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment