Monday, March 14, 2011

Pyjama Day

Today was pyjama day at daycare. Despite Daddy’s attempts to convince him otherwise, Toby came upstairs dressed in khaki pants and his soccer shirt. “Toby!” I pointed out, “Isn’t today pyjama day?”

“UH…Yeah it is!” he said excitedly, “But I’m not wearing my pyjamas.”

His initial explanation was a nonchalant and off the cuff scoff at the thought of wearing pyjamas to daycare (RIDICULOUS) followed by the practical fact that he was already DRESSED in REAL CLOTHES.

This was not a battle I was going to fight as I suspected that he would figure it out himself as soon as he got to daycare. Which he did. Thank goodness for foresighted parents who packed pyjamas in his backpack for him. AND they were his favourite Thomas ones to boot. Some days it’s nice to know we DO actually know our kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment