Sunday, February 20, 2011

Back seat shenanigans

We were driving home from daycare when Toby’s incessantly runny nose reached the epic proportion it needs to catch Toby’s attention. He politely asked for a Kleenex. In all of the chaos of two kids, two car seats and two sets of winter attire strewn across the backseat, I couldn’t for the life of me find the Kleenex box and, being less than 5 minutes from home, opted not to put our lives at risk for the sake of sanitation.

“Sorry, Toby,” I explained as confidently as a I could,, “Mommy can’t find the Kleenex right now so you will have to wipe it with your sleeve.”

(Was this an appropriate solution? This scenario was not covered in my mommy-course.)

Nonetheless, if my suggestion didn’t horrify you, his matter-of-fact response will:

“Don’t worry about it, mommy. I’ll just use my tongue.”

To prevent the gag reflex, I quietly averted my eyes from the rearview mirror. I’ll leave the rest up to your imagination…

No comments:

Post a Comment