Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas - come and gone

After a prolonged build up of advent calendar opening, house decorating, baking and endless Raffi Christmas music, the event we thought would never arrive has come and gone. And what an event it was!

If it weren’t for the whole 9 months of sacrificial existence and the impending months of sleeplessness we have ahead of us, I would get pregnant every year at Christmas. Staying put at home is wonderful; Christmas events, in moderation, and lots of down time as a family of 3 is just what I needed.

Toby didn’t let us down; he continued to learn and wonder over every detail that unfolded - -from the carrots we left for Rudolph to the new pyjamas Santa left at his door, each little bit was just as exciting as the rest. We even captured on video the sheer EXHILERATION that only a toddler can deliver upon discovering that he had been given EXACTLY what he had asked for in his stocking; a pair of scissors.

As our exhausted little boy is being tucked into bed, I am spending one more night in front of my tree, enjoying the quiet that I know is going to be short lived. (!) Tomorrow it will all come down and I’ll pack up the boxes and tuck them away for another year, all the while wondering to myself, “I wonder what life will be like this time next year…”

I hope you had a wonderful, merry Christmas and I look forward to sharing the rollercoaster ride of 2011 with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment