Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Carols

The other day I was driving Toby home from daycare when it occurred to me that I hadn’t exposed my son to ANY Christmas songs yet, so instead if listening to Raffi, I turned the music off and told Toby that I was going to sing him some of my favourite Christmas carols. My announcement was met with a blank stare from underneath his winter hat, scarf and bulky snowsuit.

I started with Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer (adding in the extra sayings, of course).

Blank stare.

Then I moved on to Jingle Bells (what kid DOESN’T like Jingle bells?)

Blank stare.

And finally I fudged my way through Frosty the Snow man (I never realized how few of the lyrics I knew to Frosty the Snow man…that’s a complicated song…)

Blank stare.

Finally I turned around and asked him point blank, “Toby?? Don’t you like Mommy’s Christmas Singing???!?!?”

My son responded by bringing his mitted finger up to his mouth and softly saying,

“Shhhhhh, Mommy - -Toby’s SLEEPING”

No comments:

Post a Comment