Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Minor Construction Mishaps...


I am under strict instructions from my uber-supportive-texting-friend that I need to post a summary of what took place yesterday at the YMCA.

In fact, I will paraphrase for you her 2 word response to my text of woe: “Blog it.”

The YMCA is under construction.  Ordinarily this sort of thing doesn’t affect my day to day life but this weekend I dropped by for a last minute treadmill run and let me just say…I blame what unfolded that morning ENTIRELY on the construction. 

I was feeling so proud of myself for actually ATTENDING the gym on a WEEKEND that my post-workout gait was slightly quicker and more spry than usual.

So peppy and confident was I, in fact, that I decided to check my email on my phone as I confidently strode into the change room to shower.

SO carefree was I post workout that I didn’t even look UP from my phone until I found myself unexpectedly in the shower room amid several running showers.

And multiple naked, HAIRY asses.

I did the only logical thing to do under this scenario: I froze.

And then I bolted at top speed out of the men’s change room.

“Did anyone notice?”  My friend texted back (after a several preceding LOL and BAHAHAHAH texts).

The truth is I don’t know.  I suspect I made a fairly discreet and quiet entrance but I undoubtedly blew my cover on my frenetic exit.  I can’t say for sure whether I screamed or not, but I definitely tripped over at least ONE bench and sent my entire body SLAMMING into the exit door (which turns out to be a PULL, not a PUSH door) for my Grande finale.

It goes without saying that this weekend I think I’ll skip the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment