Saturday, September 1, 2012

Mia's Newest Antic


Some of Mia’s antics are so cute and endearing that I want to freeze time so she never outgrows them.  Others, not so much…

Her latest demand developed a week or so ago when she had a bad diaper rash.  On a few occasions when I changed her diaper, I would blow on her bum to air dry her out before putting some cream and a new diaper on. 

I had forgotten about this little “thing” I had so innocently done until yesterday when I went to change her (now not so diaper-rashed bum) and skipped the gentle airing out part.  Mia, on the other hand, did NOT forget about it and let me know as only Mia could.

“BLOW!” she instructed insistently, pulling her feet to her ears and patting her vulva fervently with her bossy little hand,”BLOW!”

It is in these moments as parents, when you realize you have inadvertently taught your child the most perverted and inappropriate of behaviours, that we are humbled.   But we also realize that all we can do to change things it is to close our eyes, shake our heads, and hope to god it passes quickly...

No comments:

Post a Comment