Saturday, May 29, 2010

Mr. Manners

Toby is working on his manners. It’s a bit of a slow process, but he’s catching on. He’s at the point now that he USUALLY says thank you and will gladly say please (when prompted) so long as it’s not peri-temper-tantrum.

Tonight, in eager anticipation of his impending apple juice, he commanded me with breathless excitement to “Get me an ice cube for my apple juice!!” Granted, when you’re THAT excited and already have a full 8 words in the sentence, tacking on a PLEASE must seem rather daunting to a 2 year old. But I calmly remained seated and explained to him that he hadn’t asked very politely.

Without missing a beat his tone changed as he cocked his head to his side and cooed, “PLEASE, Mommy DEAR??!?!?”

He may be a man’s man, but he certainly knows how to charm the ladies…

I got him the ice cube.

No comments:

Post a Comment