Friday, May 7, 2010

Garage Door Lessons

On the odd occasion that Rob gets home before Toby and me, he always opens the garage door for us. It’s a small gesture, but a kind one that always makes me feel happy; Rob’s way of welcoming us home. I guess I must have expressed some of this sentiment out loud to Toby because he has started taking note of the status of the garage door each night as we arrive home. Tonight, for example, we arrived home hours before Rob was expected, but as I opened the door with my remote garage door opener, Toby announced excitedly from the backseat, “LOOk, Mommy! Daddy opened that garage door for you!!! Isn’t that NICE?!?!”

When I tried to explain to him that I had, in fact, opened the garage door all by myself, he would have NONE of it. “No, mommy, DADDY opened the garage. He’s SOOO nice.”

I decided not to argue his point but smiled proudly at the realization that I had inadvertently delivered to our son his first lesson in chivalry.

No comments:

Post a Comment