Tuesday, February 2, 2010

After work relaxation....

My face has just been run over by a Megablocks truck.

Repeatedly.

While being sprayed by a raspberry-blowing-sound-effects-machine (also known as Toby’s lips).

My face wasn’t the only part of the formula 1 racetrack; the entire loop went around my ears, across my eyes, down my nose, over my lips and along my neck to the giant hills on my chest and then back up again. It’s a fairly short circuit, considering the less sensitive terrain that COULD have been covered.

You may think I’m an idiot to have let this happen over and over again. I don’t doubt that the dark tire marks and scratches that now call attention to my face may embarrass me at work tomorrow, but I’m not writing this post to complain. On the contrary, I’m writing it to gloat to all the other toddler-parents out there; tonight after work, for the first time in a long time, I got to lie on the couch and read the newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment