Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Silly English Language

On the way home from daycare I told Toby that Tina was coming over to babysit tonight and that she would be playing with him and then putting him to bed. It’s the first time ANYONE other than a Grandma, mommy or daddy has put him to bed. We’re TESTING the waters on this, so I thought some forewarning was necessary.

He thought about this quite seriously for a little bit before starting in on the questioning, “Tina? Baby coming? Tina?”

I reiterated the fact that YES, Tina was coming but just to BABYSIT- not to BRING a baby. Again, he asked when the baby was coming.

Eventually my careful, wordy explanations gave way to, “NO BABY. There is NO BABY coming”

By the time Tina got to our house he was very excited but THREW his hands up in despair when he realized that she’d arrived empty handed.

He GOT that Tina was coming but WHERE was that BABY I’d promised???

No comments:

Post a Comment