Thursday, November 5, 2009

No, there is STILL no baby coming...

Bedtime with Tina went off without a hitch last night, but this morning when I poked my head in he was already in position, standing at the end of his crib with his hands in the air asking, “BABY COMING?”

You can’t put ANYTHING past this kid. Who knew he loved babies so much and so desperately wanted one to come to our house?

I THOUGHT he was over it when he started throwing his cereal around and asking his usual questions as to the whereabouts of Fiddie and Papa at breakfast. We made a phone call to Grandma to ask, but as soon as I put Toby on the phone he announced to my poor mother, “BABY COMING!”

Luckily, I was able to grab the phone from Toby and explain it to her BEFORE she’d opened the bottle of champagne in celebration - -no, I was not pregnant, I just happen to have MENTIONED the word “Babysit” to my hopelessly observant child yesterday and THIS is what I was now stuck with.

My mother very USEFULLY pointed out to me that, although she in fact BELIEVED me when I said I wasn’t pregnant based on my excessive wine consumption this past weekend, MOST people would probably NOT believe me and think it quite cute that Toby was going around announcing the arrival of a new sibling in such a loud, earnest and endearing way.

So here is my preemptive strike against the rumour mill : I am not pregnant. There IS no “baby coming” despite what my 20 month old may tell you. Sorry to disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment