Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Our Random Update in 2 Scenes...

Tonight at dinner we ate some of Mia's leftover birthday cupcakes.  They had a TON of icing on them and I said, "WOW! Thos are GOOD! I like SUGAR!!!" and Mia quickly chimed in, "Me, TOO!  I LOVE sugar!" to which Toby said in his serious, melancholic tone..."Mommy...you know what Gochar is allergic to?"  

"Let me guess" I said still determined not to have my sugar high ruined by his lamentations, "SUGAR?!?!?"

"No." he said.  "Gluten."

That's the 21st century for you - where even IMAGINARY FRIENDS are intolerant to gluten.

After dinner tonight the kids were playing horsey and rough housing with one another to the point that Toby bonked his nose HARD on the floor.  (Rob thinks he might have broken his nose).  There was a lot of crying, ice packs to the face, and rocking in the grey chair.  It was so dramatic even Mia felt badly and rubbed Toby's hair.  She didn't say much but then when I was rocking her to sleep she wanted to debrief,  "Know what my favourite part of the day way?" she asked as we rocked in the dark. "What?" 
"Playing horsey with Toby"
"Yes, but Toby got hurt, Mia, didn't he..."
Mia let out a big sigh,,,"Poooooor Toby..." she said ,"He's a LONELY Man...."


She is trying hard to enlist some empathetic tendencies…

That's all from our end.  Life continues to be a roller coaster ride of 3 and 5 year olds and their ensuing and never ending diversions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment