Sunday, January 6, 2013

Things you don’t want to hear while enjoying your lunch...


Toby made a spontaneous and rather sudden escape from the lunch table today while rest of us sat there quietly eating our sandwhiches.  About 5 minutes later we were privy to the “private” conversation he had with himself in the bathroom mirror.  Toby, going through a bit of a- there-are-monsters-everywhere-so-I-never-venture-more-than-10-meters-away-from-my-parents-at-all-times-and-I-CERTAINLY-never-shut-the-door-to-the-bathroom phase, has a loud voice that carries.  The combination of his constant proximity and vociferous mouth ensures that we are ALWAYS subject to his unrelenting stream of consciousness.

“OH, NO!  I think I have pooh on my nose!” 

(brief pause as he climbed up the step stool to have a look in the mirror)

“Hmmm I don’t THINK I see any…but I can sure smell it.  I really MIGHT have pooh on my nose.  I was just smelling my pooh and then I got worried that I got some on my nose.”

We waited with baited breath for the verdict.

“Nope!” he said and the whole family we let out a collective sigh of relief, “No pooh  on my nose!”

There was one more another pause before the inevitable,

“Mommy, can you come wipe my bum??”

As if my lunch hadn’t ALREADY been ruined by the image of a pooh smeared nose…I got to ruin it even further with a bum inspection and final cleaning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment