Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bath time Games


This is a video I took tonight of the kids in the bath. Rob was at soccer and I was folding laundry in the bathroom (my reward for having cleaned up the dinner table AND washed BOTH of their hair and teeth without being bitten or spat on).  They had been in the bath about 5 minutes when they came up with this “game” that had them both in peals of laughter.  After about 20 minutes of listening to them I finally got the video camera out to document it .

I don’t really GET the game they are playing, nor do I understand WHY it is SO damn funny.   All I know is that as a parent of 2 there is NOTHING more wonderful to hear than the sound of your children laughing together.  I don’t need to have played any role in initiating it; just hearing it is enough to put a giddy smile on my face.

I have watched the video about 20 times since they’ve gone to bed and each time I burst out laughing with them.  It’s a video I know I will cherish when they are 6 and 8 and hate each others guts, or when they become teenagers and no longer think it’s cool to share a hotel room together on family trips.  Or when they are off at university, living hundreds of miles away from each other and me and our family home…

I’ll remember tonight –that random Wednesday evening when a boring old bedtime routine turned into mass hysteria over some inside joke I still don’t totally get.  When everything in life, for just a moment or two, was absolutely perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment