Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Father's Day Performances


This Fathers Day weekend we celebrated with some much-needed quiet time at home as a family.  We caught up on European Soccer, lawn mowing, BBQ cooking and sleep.  It was just what we all needed!


Today, we celebrated with Rob’s favourite breakfast, Toby’s soccer practice, putting the docks in the lake, and a rainy afternoon showing of the movie “Annie”.  It was the first movie I saw in a theatre as a child and I LOVED it. I was SO excited to show it to Toby, but was shocked at how SAD it was!!!!  Toby stated afterwards that he didn’t like it but I think he was reacting to the fact that he had to sit there for 2 hours listening to me sniffle away. (I’m not much of a crier- - Toby caught a rare glimpse today and didn’t know quite what to do with me…)

Father's day evening, after an early family dinner, we sat down to what has now appeared to have become a bit of a Henry family tradition; a post dinner performance for the lucky parent whom we are celebrating that day.

You may recall the botched attempt at my “birthday parade” from earlier this year.    I will leave it up to you to determine which “show” was worse.  Let's just say, I don’t think we are making MUCH progress as a family, although Toby DID try to preemptively mitigate things this time by outright REFUSING to allow Mia any role at all in the performance.  And he also stated that it was NOT a parade.

I will leave you with the first and last takes so you get the full idea and can judge as you please.

Before you view, however, please note :

1.  I did not dress Toby today.
2.  My role tonight was to be the official announcer.  (I’m not just being bossy.)
3. In take #1 I am not laughing AT my son getting hurt, I’m laughing at the slow, dramatic cry that accompanied it.
4. You may notice that by take #2 the “fire race” has been downgraded to a dance party to Rob’s guitar music.
5.  Learning from the "king of Pop" himself, Toby ends his show by grabbing his crotch.  It's subtle- don’t miss it!




No comments:

Post a Comment