Sunday, March 7, 2010

Yes, there IS life after daycare...

Toby has always talked about his friends at daycare, but recently he has become more and more inquisitive as to their whereabouts AFTER daycare. The other night at dinner he was asking in particular about Anita, who is one of the 2 wonderful women who take care of him at daycare.

“Where's ANITA?” he asked offhandedly,

"Probably at home" I answered, in an equally offhandeded way.

Toby dropped his fork and GLARED at me. I don't think it had occured to him that she would be anywhere OTHER than DAYCARE.

"Anita's at DAYCARE." he stated, picking up his fork and resuming his meal.

"Well, Toby, I think Anita probably goes HOME after daycare."

Toby thought about this for a minute as he chewed his lasagna and then it made sense to him,

“Anita went home to see her daddy.” he said matter of factly.

I guess that makes sense. Perhaps we would ALL just stay at daycare indefinitely if we didn’t have daddys at home that were waiting for us.

Can you tell what bargaining technique I use to get him home at the end of the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment