Friday, September 25, 2009

The Other Woman..

I’ve been replaced.

Before this morning, there were only 5 people in the world that Toby would mention without provocation from us ; Mommy, Daddy, Gaga, Bapa, and Wee wee. He will repeat people’s names to us if we ask about them - - but doesn’t usually INITIATE conversation about them…that is, until this morning when he woke up and immediately asked for “LAYLA"

LAYLA?!!?!

I ignored his request the first time thinking he must have wanted a book or something strange for breakfast, but still he persisted. Finally, I clued into the fact that Lola was someone at daycare. (Or some THING as we have learned after the Bag-bat incident…) I tried other words that started with L like Lunch or Laura…nope, it was only LAYLA he wanted, or “Leeeeeeeyyy-Lah!” as he would say it in his soft, dreamy eyed, long drawn out way…

So when I dropped him off this morning I casually asked Nicole (his new daycare mom) if they happened to have a Leyla at their daycare.

It seems they do. Not only is her name Layla, but, according to Nicole, she is VERY cute, blonde and "Quite a bit older" than him. (I think she’s 3)

So there you have it; only three weeks in and already I’ve been usurped by a hot broad named Layla.

No comments:

Post a Comment